6.25.2017

Quinoa Protein Bars

I don't know about you, but I am always wanting to snack on something. Even if I just finish eating, you can count on me to be hunting a snack not long afterwards. Unfortunately this happens all the time. This yummy snack is easy to make, and it makes a lot too! That means I can make a batch and have several handy for when I'm wanting that sweet snack. Much better alternative than grabbing one of those chocolate-creme filled cupcakes from the pantry.

Ingredients:
- 2 cups of cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 3 tbsp. of honey (I like to use local honey)
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened, shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate chips

Directions:
1. Mix the first 4 ingredients together very well: quinoa, peanut butter, honey, and sea salt
2. Add everything else to the mixture and mix well
3. Spread out on parchment paper lined pan
4.Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes

Warning: you're going to want to make these all the time now! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment