6.25.2017

Healthy Pumpkin Pancakes



I'm going to be honest right now...I used to hate all things pumpkin. I wouldn't eat anything pumpkin flavored at all! It wasn't because I didn't like the taste because I honestly hadn't tried anything pumpkin. I think it was because when I thought of pumpkin I thought of carving them for Halloween. Ha! One day, I finally tried a pumpkin dessert somebody brought into work one day, and I LOVED it! I tried it before I knew it was pumpkin, so I accidentally found out I liked pumpkin. Anyway, now that I'm not a pumpkin hater anymore I have discovered a couple new recipes I like. This is my favorite breakfast one!

Ingredients:
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. cinnamon

Directions:
1. Combine all ingredients and mix together until smooth
2. Cook on a skillet just like you would normal pancakes, with medium heat. These pancakes take a little longer to cook than normal pancakes, so don't panic if you get worried that you messed something up! It's suppose to take a little longer :)
3. Top your serving with syrup and enjoy! I like to buy pure, natural maple syrup. It has WAY less ingredients than other brands of syrup. Just make sure you read the labels so you know what you're putting into your body

No comments:

Post a Comment