6.25.2017

Blender Blueberry Muffins



A home cooked breakfast is probably one of my favorite meals. There's just something about a fresh cup of coffee, the calm morning, and the smells of breakfast cooking that I just can't get enough of! One breakfast food I really enjoy is blueberry muffins. Thanks to Beachbody I found a healthy alternative to the typical blueberry muffin mix packs I use to buy! AND they aren't time consuming to make, so it's a win-win if you ask me! This recipe makes 12 muffins.

Ingredients:
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup of reduced fat plain Greek yogurt (2%)
- 3 tbsp. raw honey (I love using my local honey)
- 2 large ripe bananas, cut into chunks
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cups of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2/3 cup of chopped walnuts, almonds, or sunflower seeds (I prefer almonds)

Instructions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
2. Line your muffin pan with muffin liners or coat with your cooking spray. I like to use the liners just to make my clean-up a little simplier
3. Put yogurt, honey, bananas, eggs, vanilla extract, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in blender. Blend until smooth. You may have to scrape the sides one or two times just to make sure everything gets blended together well.
4. Fold in blueberries and nuts
5. Evenly pour your mix into your muffin cups
6. Bake 20-25 minutes. My oven has a mind of its own, so I start testing them around 18 minutes just so I don't burn them. If your tester comes out clean, they're done

Once they cool you're good to go! 
Now this recipe will make about 12 muffins, and I'm going to assume you will have some left over. You can freeze any leftovers which also makes this recipe something great to make ahead of time to have as an easy on the go treat. You can put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds to have ready to eat right then, or pack them in your lunch box and they'll be thawed out by the time you eat them. If you follow the 21 day fix portion control containers, one muffin counts as 1/2 purple, 1 yellow, and 1/2 blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment