5.13.2015

Wedding Survival Kit

Wedding Survival Kit
I can not believe that this weekend will be my one year anniversary! I feel like I just got married! Time really is flying by. Since my anniversary is coming up I have been thinking back to that day and reliving a lot of memories. Not all memories are great, like the pouring rain at our outside wedding, but it's what made our day special (don't worry it stopped raining just in time). I have a coworker who is getting married this summer and our school family got together to give her a shower. I thought about what the perfect gift would be and I couldn't think of anything. Finally it came to me, a survival kit! I really wanted one on my wedding day, but with everything else I had going on I never had time to put one together. This would be a great gift for anybody getting married! They have enough Crock-Pots, so why not get them something to help prevent the big day from being so stressful?
Supplies:
  • basket of your choice
  • filler for the bottom of the basket
  • tissue paper
  • basket contents (tissue, hairspray, lint roller, etc.)
  • card
I would recommend buying true basket filler to go in the bottom of your basket. I used tissue paper for mine because I thought I already had filler so I didn't buy anymore, but I was wrong. The tissue paper will work fine as the filler, but it is more likely to go flat. Don't stress if all you have is tissue paper! The first thing I did was put my filler (tissue paper) in the bottom of my basket. The amount depends on the height of your items. I used more filler for the front of my basket and less for the back since I put my tall items in the back. After I had my filler all situated, I put raffia on top to cover up my tissue paper. If you use normal basket filler this step won't be necessary, but I needed it to hide the tissue paper. Look at that hot mess!
basket step 1
The next step is the fun part in my opinion: filling the basket! I try to put my taller items in the back and shorter items in the front that way everything can be seen. I did try to cover up the feminine products that I included in the basket since I took it to school to give to her. Here is a list of everything I included:
  • tissue
  • wet wipes
  • make-up remover wipes
  • Tide To-Go Pen
  • lint roller
  • mini sewing kit
  • bobby pins
  • travel toothbrush kit (includes toothpaste and toothbrush holder)
  • lotion
  • mints
  • pain reliever
  • hand sanitizer
  • deodorant
  • nail polish remover pads
  • clear nail polish
  • Q-Tips
  • mini manicure kit (includes tweezers, nail clippers, and nail file)
  • mouth wash
  • mini hairspray bottle
  • bug spray (she is having an outdoor wedding)
  • mini first aid kit
  • feminine products (I mean you really never know)
  • Oil Absorbing Sheets (my lifesaver..I keep them in my purse)
I didn't realize I had bought so much until I was checking out at the register. Oh well, it really is worth it because everything is a must have!
basket step 2
Once you have everything place in the basket just like you want it you add tissue paper. I take the tissue paper and "fluff" it up. I stick my "fluff" in the back of my basket behind my tall items. I think I used three or four pieces of tissue paper for mine.
Once you have the tissue paper placed how you want it, you're done! I think it's a pretty simple gift that's fun to make. Plus, it means more because it takes more thought to put together than a gift card. Here is my finished result:
finish1
finished2
Let me know if you make a basket! I'd love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment