5.11.2015

Weekend Round-Up

weekend roundup
Well, I had a wonderful weekend! Since it was Mother's Day weekend, my family that lives out of town came to visit my grandma, or as we all call her Mawmaw. The weekend started pretty early on Saturday by going to the nail salon with my mom, aunt, and Mawmaw. We got there before they even opened because we wanted to be the first ones in there being that it was Mother's Day weekend. We also had plans to meet up with the rest of our family for lunch, so we needed to be out by a certain time. Our nail salon stopped taking appointments on holidays because it would cause arguments, so that was another reason to get there early. As soon as the salon opened their doors we went in and before we could even pick out our nail polish color three other people walked in the door, so I would say being early paid off! 
All four of us got a pedicure, and my aunt and Mawmaw got manicures. I try not to splurge on the nail salon to often, but after this weekend I think it is worth it to go more often! I feel so relaxed when I left. After we left the nail salon we all went and ate lunch at Ruby Tuesday. In my opinion, the best thing about Ruby Tuesday is their salad bar! I can make a meal out of it alone! We all then went to my grandparent's house for coffee and desert. It was all we could do to not all take a nap! We were so stuffed from eating so much at the restaurant and now we were eating dessert! 
On Sunday we went to visit my pawpaw who lives out of town. He lives by himself, so we all try to visit him as often as we can. We went after church this morning and we all just sat around and talked for a couple hours. It may not sound super exciting, but to me it means a lot. I love seeing my pawpaw and hearing what stories he has to tell on that specific day! My Sunday ended with supper at a local steakhouse with my parents. After supper my husband and I came home and enjoyed a quiet evening of relaxing. Since he sings in a gospel quartet he is usually very busy on Sundays so having him home on a Sunday evening with nothing to do was nice!
img_4987
img_4993
img_4986
How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment