5.29.2013

Relay for Life Part 2

Well I am pleased to say that the Relay for Life was successful despite the weather we had. All day the weather was decent until the afternoon, that's when it began to rain. Luckily there was a good size pavilion where the Relay for Life took place. Usually the Relay for Life is set up around a track so everybody can easily visit the various booths. Unfortunately I forgot to take my camera with me, I know crazy right! But I did have my iPhone, so I did take a few decent pictures. 

Here are my Instagram photos from the night:

The weather was not its best Friday night. It rained the whole time.

Me and my fiancé enjoying ourselves. This was our 6th Relay together!


My mom leading the survivor lap! She is a 10 year survivor!!


Luminaries honoring my mom and pawpaw, and in memory of my uncle. 

 
The crowd watching a touching video clip during the luminary ceremony.

Cancer is something that affects everyone. If it does not affect someone personally they know someone who it has affected. The Relay for Life tries to help raise money to go towards cancer research. I have participated in our local Relay for Life for 10 years. I love everything about it!
Here's the link to the Relay for Life website if you would like to try to find one in your area:
http://www.relayforlife.org/

xoxo

Do you already participate in the Relay for Life? What do you to to participate?

*The people from The Relay for Life and the American Cancer Society do not know me. This information is all my personal opinion. I am just a volunteer for my local Relay for Life.


  

No comments:

Post a Comment