7.14.2014

The Best Day of My Life

We can finally mark #2  off my 101 in 1001 list! ( You can find my full list here). My best friend and I finally got married in May. We dated for 7 years, so we were beyond excited that the day finally came.

It was not a fairy tale day though. It literally POURED rain all morning! It was very nerve-wracking!
Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of the weather while I was getting my hair done.

Our wedding was outdoors at a local bible camp. I made the decision the week of the wedding that we were going to have the ceremony outside on the BEAUTIFUL deck. The reception was inside the chapel at the camp. Since I made my final decision there was no turning back, rain or shine.

The original plan was that all my bridesmaids and myself were going to wear our cowboy (cowgirl??) boots during the wedding. We decided while we were getting our hair done that we were going to bring our rain boots too and if it did not stop raining that was plan B. We all also brought umbrellas too, just in case.

Luckily it did stop raining about 15 minutes before the ceremony and the sun actually came out. I guess it was good luck rain! The rain did bring cooler weather though. Who knew I would be freezing in May?? I almost wore a sweater down the isle!

I'd like to share a few pictures fro our wedding, I hope you enjoy!


 
My dress was absolutely perfect! It was literally the first dress I tried on. The sash made it perfect!
 

 
Like I said, it rained all morning. The bottom of my dress got a little dirty
(don't worry it all washed out).

 
You can't go wrong with boots and pearls.

 
Our guest book table was on a big cable spool. I made the fans thinking it would be warmer weather, but thanks to the rain it was just to cold.


We also made the programs. I LOVE how they turned out, but I'm not going to lie they were very frustrating to make. The glue was a nightmare!
 

 
To get to our ceremony sight our guests had to walk a little rocky path,
so this was at the top of the path.

 
We decided to do one cake instead of us both having our own cakes.
We had cupcakes for our guests, so the cake was only for the bride and groom.

 
Our sand ceremony sat on two barrels with a beautiful lace tablecloth draped over the top.

 
The isle was lined on both sides with hanging mason jars with baby's breath.

 
Our family and friends blew bubbles during our grand exit.

 
Isn't this venue just stunning?

 
 
 
We honestly had the best wedding party...EVER!

 
If this isn't happiness I don't know what is.

 
This is our favorite wedding picture.


 
The bridal party had matching shirts with our initials on the pockets.

 
I wanted the guys to go with the no coat look. I originally thought they would fold their sleeves up since the weather is typically warm in May. Since it was cold our wedding day, they decided to keep their sleeves down. I think it still looked great!

No comments:

Post a Comment